Home Feedback Macau Travel Information


Select an area to see the attractions
Click to view the attractions for Area A Click to view the attractions for Area B

Electric Plug

Type A and B Type I Type G
Voltage : 220 V | Frequency : 50 Hz

Comments : the "official" plug type is like type A but slightly shorter and without holes in blades.  
Type A and I outlets are common, and Type G might also be found. Click here for photos and more info.

Source :

Tipping Ettiquette

The law of the land, and the rule at many hotels, is no tipping whatsoever. Fine hotels in China add in a compulsory service fee of 10–20 percent, so nothing is expected or even technically allowed beyond that. "It is not in the hotel's interest to encourage this behavioral practice in one aspect of operations," says Gary Rubin of Imperial Tours. "It unbalances operations. However, it is almost impossible for them to stop it, and about five years ago they by and large gave in." Tip quietly and out of sight if you do—and not in front of employers. Also keep in mind that most tour guides get commissions from those tacky souvenir shops they take you through, so travel agents and hotel Managers recommend against tipping them.

Places where tipping is customary:
Massage Houses: About 10–30 yuan per massage—except in hotel spas, where the tip is included in the fee.
Luggage Porters: Ten yuan per bag is standard, though tourists generally leave twice that.

Source :

Visa Requirement

Below are the traveling visa requirements for United States citizens :

No visa is required for a stay of up to 90 days
Tourist: No visa is required for a stay of up to 90 days

Source :

Alerts and Warnings

State Department

Updated travel alerts and warnings


All travelers
You should be up to date on routine vaccinations while traveling to any destination. Some vaccines may also be required for travel.
Routine vaccines

Make sure you are up-to-date on routine vaccines before every trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.

Most travelers
Get travel vaccines and medicines because there is a risk of these diseases in the country you are visiting.
Hepatitis A

CDC recommends this vaccine because you can get hepatitis A through contaminated food or water in Macau, regardless of where you are eating or staying.


You can get typhoid through contaminated food or water in Macau. CDC recommends this vaccine for most travelers, especially if you are staying with friends or relatives, visiting smaller cities or rural areas, or if you are an adventurous eater.

Some travelers
Ask your doctor what vaccines and medicines you need based on where you are going, how long you are staying, what you will be doing, and if you are traveling from a country other than the US.
Hepatitis B

You can get hepatitis B through sexual contact, contaminated needles, and blood products, so CDC recommends this vaccine if you might have sex with a new partner, get a tattoo or piercing, or have any medical procedures.


Rabies is present in bats in Macau. However, it is not found in dogs and is not a major risk to most travelers. CDC recommends rabies vaccine for only these groups:

  • Travelers involved in outdoor and other activities in remote areas that put them at risk for bat bites (such as adventure travel and caving).
  • People who will be working with or around bats (such as wildlife professionals and researchers).

Traveling Advice
Get vaccinated Keep away from animals Avoid sharing body fluids
Eat and drink safely Reduce your exposure to germs Avoid non-sterile medical or cosmetic equipment

Source :

Exchange Rates

Currency Converter


View the weather history for your travel dates

Convert from fahrenheit to celsius

Current Temperature
in fahrenheit